Thursday, November 5, 2009

Series: The Berenstein Bears

It's likely that most everyone has heard of the Berenstein Bears. I grew up reading these books. Honestly, when I began looking for books for my daughter I assumed that these books would be completely outdated, but they cover such ageless challenges of childhood and my daughter immediately loved them. When we buy or check out a Berenstein Bears book from the library, we typically read it several times daily thereafter because she enjoys them so much. The family provides a great example of loving each other, having strong values and doing their best although they are definitely not perfect.

One great advantage to this series is that it's a great resource when your child is dealing with a specific problem. We recently moved, so we read the book about the Berenstein Bears moving to their treehouse. Whether it's a school bully, going to the doctor or dentist, problems with siblings or friends, a messy room, too much TV, a vacation gone wrong, a new baby in the family, stage fright, or illness, this series has you covered. Seeing how Brother or Sister Bear handles a problem may help your child cope better.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I thought the Berenstain bears would bore my 4 yr old and be completely out of date, but she loves all of the books we've read. She also loves the series on PBS. Evidently, they are timeless!

    ReplyDelete